Sunday 8 March 2015

Why Ireland?

Hello guys *pleaseinsertwavinghand*,
Today, I decided to write a post about the question "why Ireland?".
This is a question I've been asked many times in my life, which is why I thought it would be a good idea to give an answer in my blog (so the next time someone asks me this question, I only have to give them the link to my blog). 

As I said in my first post, one reason is that I just like it but actually there is a longer story behind it.

When I first said that I want to make an exchange year, I was in elementary school and about 8 years old. At that time, I really wanted to go to Sweden, but the only reason for that was that I really loved Pippi Langstrumpf from Astrid Lindgren, anyway the idea of going abroad was in my head, and obviously didn't got out.

A few years later, I still wanted to make an exchange year, but the fact that I couldn't (and still can't) speak a word of swedish was a problem. Especially because I wanted to go to a country where I can speak at least a bit of the language so it would be easier to settle in.

The only language I could speak at that point in time was English, so my future Host country had to be English-speaking.
Faithfully there aren't that many English-speaking countrys in the world.

So I just had to decide between Australia, New Zealand, The United States of America, Canada, England, Scottland, Wales and Ireland. 

After I started researching about these countries, Canada, England and Ireland were left, and I fell in love with the green isle immediatly.
I mean, Old and mysterious stories about elves and  leprechauns, funny and lighthearted people, strange sports, an incredible landscape and this amazing accent. Honestly, I just love it!

And this is why I decided to make my exchange year in Ireland. I hope I was able to answer your question, if not, leave a comment.

Best wishes,

Isy :)



5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    hast du vielleicht Lust einen Gastpost auf meinem Blog zu schreiben ?
    Würde mich wirklich sehr freuen !

    Mein Blog: http://leagoestoireland.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Lea,
      Ich würde wirklich sehr gerne einen Gastpost auf deinem Blog schreiben.
      Wenn du nichts dagegen hast würde ich allerdings bis zu meinem VBT Ende Mai warten,
      weil ich dann ein bisschen mehr zu erzählen hätte.
      Lg
      Isy

      Delete
  2. Buying engagement jewellery is among the absolute most important, and expensive, purchases you could possibly make, and a custom-made engagement ring supplies you with a chance to make something distinctive and one-of-a-kind. Without the aid of posts won't ever get the job done. Source to know about Jewellers Dublin and Cavan - Elegant Gems Ring and Jewellery design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The online jewelry boutique shops now offer bridal bracelets for men to choose from so that they can match it with their other rings. Bracelets for men are not just for wearing during weddings but can also be worn to formal occasions like work and other business outings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking for the best jewelry, but Cuban link chain. You can buy depending on your need as you can find one from 10k, 14k, and 24k. Wearing Cuban link chain makes you attractive due to the yellow gold color that looks amazing. This icestormgems is great source of diamond chains.

    ReplyDelete