Tuesday 23 June 2015

Greece and different feelings about going away ♥ ✈️

Kalimera,
(means good morning on Greek)
So I was in Greece during the last week and the weather was amzing! We had 36 C and sunshine every day, which made me very sad when we had to fly back to Germany where we'll have 16 C and rain for the next weeks.
Anyway, I had a great week, especially because we visited the Akropolis, the Oracle from Delphi and because our Hotel was located directly at the beach. Moreover, I went together with a group of pupils from my school and we had a lot of fun! :)
Here are some of the photos I took in Greece and I know that this hasn't much to do with Ireland, but it has to do with traveling and this trip reminded me very well why I love travelling so much.
Furthermore, I love photography and I plan to post a lot of pictures from Ireland, when I get there, on this blog because I am not such a good writer. So I will start the "Photoblog" thing now.

The Panthenon
The Oracle from Delphi


Sunset in Greece



Flight home...

 I hope you like my idea of creating a photoblog, where I will post more pictures than text, though I will write some posts anyway. And I hope that you don't mind me writing a post about Greece.

At the moment, I have my last week of school in Germany, before the summer holidays and Ireland, and when I think about the fact that I will leave Germany in 63 Days, it seems very surreal to me especially because I remeber the days when the countdown on my mobile said 400 days to Ireland.
Moreover, it happens more and more that my friends and I have a "soon-you're-gone-moment", which means that we are planning something e.g. autumnholidays and then someone realises that I 'm already in Ireland than. These moments are very strange for me because I get the feeling that a part of me is already gone though I'm still here. Worse is the feeling of being a human with a date of expiry. But I ge through it by remebering the advantages of living in the 21st Century, when thinking about means of communication, like Skype, Whatsapp, Emails or Snapchat.

On the one hand, I think about the things I leave behind more and more the closer I get to the point in time when I'm leaving. But on the other hand, my anticipation gets bigger as well as looking forward to all the things I'm going to see, learn and get to know in Ireland.
Which means that all in all I'm very positive and that I'm anxious for my exchange year.

Best wishes,
Isy :))

Ps. I would be very happy if you could tell me in the comments what you think about the photoblog thing and if you want me to write more about my feelings and things from my life like I did with Greece. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment